- An opportunity has arisen for an CPA/ACA/ACCA qualified or senior part-qualified accountant, operating in a busy, progressive firm, working across our diverse client base in manufacturing, construction, agricultural, service and retail sectors.
- The chosen candidate needs to be a self-starter with experience and ability to progress assignments on a timely basis and to a high standard.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing financial statements, primarily for Limited Companies, Partnerships and Sole Traders.
- Preparing Income Tax, Corporation Tax and Other Adhoc returns.
- Compliance with Company Secretarial requirements.
- Advising Clients on a range of accounting, taxation and general business advisory issues.
- Engaging with colleagues on specific assignments as required.
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Strong team player working under the direction of the Principal while assisting and mentoring junior staff.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- A mimimum of 3 years relevant practice experience.
- Detailed knowledge of Relate Accounts Production, Viztopia or Sage Accounts Production.
- Working knowledge of Payroll and Book-Keeping Packages.
- Strong knowledge base of Income Tax, Corporation Tax, Capital Taxes, VAT and PAYE/PRSI.
- Preferably qualified or currently studying towards CPA/ACA/ACCA qualification.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary and benefits are commiserate with experience.
- Expectations will be discussed at interview stage.
- Applications are strictly by way of a covering letter, by post or email, accompanied by a current CV.
- 2 independent references are required as a minimum before progressing to interview.