Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities.
Reporting to the GOAL Finance Director, the Senior Audit Manager will lead on Globally administered donor audits, primarily for USAID and ECHO. They will assist countries on their in-country donor audits and assist in the production of guidance and trainings in relation to this activity. They will also feed into cross cutting processes to ensure that lessons are learned from the feedback from auditors and donors in relation to these audits. They will also lead on providing information for due diligence exercise conducted by donors at the global level and assist countries in this regard.
- Own and manage any globally administered audits/verifications for GOAL. Audits to be completed in a timely manner, with any disallowed costs minimised.
- Support country programmes on their donor audits.
- Provide a suite of trainings on managing audits, and collate lessons learned.
- Provide support to cross cutting processes to ensure lessons learned are embedded across the organisation
- There will potentially be line management responsibility for an assistant who will support on the globally administered audits
- As instructed by the Finance Director
Qualifications and Attributes
- Part or Qualified accountant. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent;
- At least five years INGO experience;
- At least 2 years at management level;
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, management and training skills;
- Experience in managing audits, auditor engagement and donor engagement
- Computer literacy, including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel;
- Strong systems and controls experience;
- Experience in dealing with institutional donors such as USAID, ECHO FCDO and UN Agencies.
- Knowledge of SAGE200 accounting package preferred;
- Ability to see bigger picture and willingness to perform all relevant financial tasks as necessary;
- Experience of change management processes;
- Experience of managing and supporting teams remotely