Revenue, as the Irish Tax and Customs administration, plays a critical part in securing Ireland’s fiscal, social and economic foundations. It has a staff of over 7,000 and deals with over 3 million personal and business customers. In 2021 over €96 billion gross was collected in taxes, duties and other charges.
In accordance with statute, the Board of the Office of the Revenue Commissioners comprises three Commissioners. As a Board member, a Revenue Commissioner has significant corporate governance responsibilities for the performance, effectiveness and accountability of the Office. In addition to Board responsibilities, the Commissioner will generally have responsibility for one or more cross-cutting functions and will have line executive responsibility, including day-to-day management, for the performance of a number of Assistant Secretary-led Divisions. Each Commissioner has significant statutory responsibilities and both personally and as a member of the Board provides visible and authentic leadership to the organisation and externally within the broader environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven record of significant career achievement as a leader and senior manager in a large complex service delivery organisation in either the private or public sector;
- The capability, based on proven delivery, to set strategic direction and to drive delivery across a diverse policy and operational portfolio;
- A track record in successful large scale change management in an operational environment and ensuring flexibility in response to emerging social needs;
- A broad understanding of all Revenue functions and activities, or the capacity to develop this rapidly;
- An understanding of the role of taxation and customs in the Irish economy and in the context of EU and international developments that impact on tax and customs policy and administration.
This is a Top Level Appointments Committee (TLAC) position.
If you feel you would benefit from a confidential discussion about this role, contact Michelle Noone on email@example.com or 087 929 4208.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 15:00 on Thursday, 19 May, 2022.
We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and encourage applications under all nine grounds of the Employment Equality Act.
For more information and how to apply, visit: https://bit.ly/CPAI_Ad_Commissioner