CPA Ireland are looking for enthusiastic CPA Trainees to come work for an independent medium-sized firm of accountants based in Clonakilty, West Cork, with offices also in Cork City, Macroom, Midleton and Bantry commencing in 2022 . The practice provides a full range of accountancy, audit and taxation services to a diverse portfolio of individual and corporate clients. Trainee CPA accountants work within the team of more than 60 staff in Clonakilty or Cork City and receive a broad based work experience across areas of expertise and industry sectors.
The practice provides trainees with excellent on the job training and mentoring in a professional office environment and has a strong history of trainee success in the professional examinations.
Ideal candidates will:
• Have achieved or be on track to achieve at 2.1 or higher in accountancy or a business relate degree; or be a qualified ATI
• Have obtained 400+ points at Leaving Cert level (or equivalent);
• Be highly motivated and able to work both as part of a team and independently;
• Possess excellent communication skills;
• Be able to work on their own initiative;
• Be enthusiastic about both developing their career and enabling the practice to grow;
• Have the ability to act professionally and friendly with clients and co-workers;
• Endeavour to continually improve their skills and knowledge.
The main duties and responsibilities will be:
• Preparing financial statements;
• Participating in the performance of audits;
• Compiling management accounts and other management reporting and bookkeeping;
• Preparing corporation Tax, VAT, P30, RCT and Income Tax returns;
• Running outsourced payroll;
• Liaising with banks, legal firms, Revenue and other professional advisers;
• Managing client Company Secretarial requirements;
• Work under the supervision of senior staff members and provide support.
The successful candidate will be offered
• Experience across all our services lines;
• Excellent internal training and support;
• The opportunity to engage with clients from an early start;
• Study leave in line with CPA Ireland accounting body guidelines;
• A competitive remuneration package based on the individual’s skills and experience;
• A role that will give the trainee an exceptional grounding to begin their career as a qualified accountant.