Crowley & McCarthy is a medium-sized firm of accountants based in Cork. The practice provides a full range of accountancy, audit and taxation services to a diverse portfolio of individual and corporate clients.
We are a member of the Xeinadin Group which comprises of over 100 business advisory and accountancy practices across the UK and Ireland that help the owner-managers of small and medium sized enterprises achieve their business and personal goals.
Working at Crowley & McCarthy Chartered Accountants offers our people the opportunity to build a career in one of the most valued and flexible professions in the market.
Our people are our most valuable resource and we invest in nurturing the talent and energy of our teams. We have created a challenging yet supportive working environment, enabling our staff to attain their professional potential, whether it is within the firm or later in the outside market.
With our head office located in Clonakilty, West Cork, one of Ireland’s most beautiful seaside resorts, we support our staff in attaining a balance between a challenging and rewarding career and a satisfying home life.
We are currently recruiting for Accounting Graduates to join our Clonakilty and Cork City teams, with good opportunities for progression.
The ideal candidates will:
- Expect to achieve at least a 2.1 in accountancy or a business relate degree;
- Have obtained 420+ points at Leaving Cert level (or equivalent);
- Be highly motivated and able to work both as part of a team and independently;
- Possess excellent communication skills;
- English language skills both written and spoken.
- Be able to work on their own initiative;
- Be enthusiastic about both developing their career
- Have the ability to act professionally and friendly with clients and co-workers;
- Endeavour to continually improve their skills and knowledge.
The main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Preparing financial statements;
- Participating in the performance of audits;
- Compiling management accounts and other management reporting and bookkeeping;
- Preparing corporation Tax, VAT, RCT and Income Tax returns;
- Preparing and processing Payroll;
- Liaising with banks, legal firms, Revenue and other professional advisers;
- Managing client Company Secretarial requirements;
- Work under the supervision of senior staff members and provide support.
For the successful candidate we will offer them:
- Experience across all our services lines;
- Excellent internal training and support;
- The opportunity to engage with clients from an early start;
- Study leave in line with accounting body guidelines;
- A competitive remuneration package based on the individual’s skills and experience;
- A role that will give the trainee an exceptional grounding to begin their career as a CPA accountant.