GOAL is an international humanitarian agency dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poor and the vulnerable across the globe. Today, GOAL is operating in 14 countries with a dedicated team of over 3,000 dedicated personnel. GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programs, ranging from humanitarian response to supporting the development of healthcare services and building sustainable livelihoods. Since its foundation in Ireland in 1977, GOAL has allocated more than €910 million to programmes in over 60 countries.
GOAL has an annual budget of approximately a €180 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Irish Government, UK Government, USAID, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. Informed by its proven track record over the last 45 years, GOAL remains committed to its core mission, responding to humanitarian crises and tackling extreme poverty around the world.
Overview of the role
Reporting to GOAL’s Finance Director, the role will take a lead role in leading and supporting on key organisational projects with a heavy finance systems and processes focus. As GOAL moves into its next Organisational Strategy, key projects will be undertaken to develop the organisation from a finance systems perspective to support GOAL’s mission.
You’ll work in the team to advise, implement and deliver finance solutions to support organisation-wide decision-making, improve finance operations, and create impact within the organisation. The role will enable you to combine your finance capability with program and change management expertise to implement and embed improvements and deliver sustainable value
- Lead or participate in high profile projects that are related to finance systems
- Work closely and collaboratively across Finance and other Functions to achieve priority organisational objectives.
- Project manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Drive a culture of innovation and change in the design and implementation of key organisational projects.
- Implement strong change management principles in design and implementation of all key projects.
- As a member of management within the finance function, provide additional support and assistance within the Finance department where deemed relevant and appropriate
- Support identification & selection of appropriate solutions (technical & non-technical) which deliver business process improvements, and value across the organisation and ensuring a comprehensive project specification and project scope is in place for all assigned projects.
- Analyse and document business requirements and business process.
- Work with business stakeholders to define their vision and requirements, then working with technical colleagues to develop and deliver the solution
- Work on projects which look to streamline and improve processes, identify and track benefits or implement effective business change
- Any other duties as may be deemed appropriate by the Finance Director or CFO
- ACA/CPA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified Accountant
- Strong Project Management Expertise
- Experience working across Finance and other functions
- Experience in process mapping and business requirements definition
- Experience in training design and delivery
- Strong technical financial expertise
- Strong communication skills
- Has successfully managed different projects and work activities at the same time and can demonstrate being able to effectively prioritise between competing demands in a tight time window
- “Big 4” trained
- Humanitarian/Development Sector experience
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Practices and promotes a strong focus on delivering high quality customer service, for internal and external customers
- Treats others with diplomacy, tact, courtesy, and respect, even in challenging circumstances
- Presents information clearly, concisely, and confidently when speaking and in writing
- Collaborates and supports colleagues to achieve organisational goals
Commitment to GOAL Values
- Strives to perform at a high level, investing significant energy to achieve agreed objectives
- Ensures that the field is at the heart of all services provided
- Upholds high standards of honesty, ethics, and integrity