Reporting directly to the Financial Director as a key member of the Management Team who provides proactive support to the business. If you are seeking a rewarding career that involves first rate training and education, mentoring and development, attractive compensation, and inspiring rewards and recognition, consider joining The Fota Collection.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting, ambitious, and progressive Hotel Group based in Cork. The role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to develop their career within a high performing finance team. This position is ideal for an ambitious professional who will bring enthusiasm, passion, and attitude into an already vibrant culture.
What we offer:
- Discount on Dining options of up to 50%
- Income Protection scheme
- Wellness Programs
- Bike to Work scheme
- Service Awards
- Staff Appreciation events
- Reduction on accommodation for family and friends
- Discount for Spa treatments and products
- Use of Health Club and swimming pool
- Staff Dining Facilities
- Staff Parking
What we are looking for:
- Fully qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Possess an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Result focused
- Proficient in Excel and MS office
- Strong IT skills in implementing and operating accounting software and front office system.
- Good organisation skills and ability to prioritise in a busy environment
- Ability to manage a team
- Previous experience in the hotel/retail sector would be an advantage
- Ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Previous Experience with Financial Auditing
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, with detailed P&L and balance sheet analysis
- Resolve queries relating to the monthly management accounts.
- Revenue reporting including KPI’S on a weekly basis
- System close off, reconciliation of balance sheet and P&L at month end
- Monitor margins and work with department managers and others to investigate and improve outcome.
- Monitor cash flow and forecasts and liaise with the company bank.
- Oversee payroll and tax affairs, ensuring they are up to date and are compliant.
- Dealing with ad hoc queries as they arise while managing regular workload effectively and efficiently.
- Define and implement strong internal controls in the organisation.
- Dealing with internal/external auditors.
- Manage the junior members of the team