Position: Newly Qualified / Qualified Financial Accountant
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Salary: 40k to 50k (minimum 1 year experience)
- Hybrid Role (Three days in the office, two days working remote)
An excellent opportunity has arisen in our Finance Department, for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Financial Accountant. The position will require a driven and organised candidate with an ability to build and maintain strong working relationships within the Finance function, wider company and external stakeholder network.
What this job involves:
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and maintaining the accounts function of a mixed portfolio of residential asset, investment and facilities management portfolios. The role will include (but not be limited to) the following activities;
- Responsibility for cyclical accounting activity associated with a designated portfolio including client accounting, analytics and routine reporting requirement, tax and ad-hoc reporting (internal and external).
- Under the instruction of the Finance Manager, produce accurate and timely reports, meeting the needs of our clients and internal leadership teams.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation for multiple client bank accounts.
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with key clients and colleagues through quality, consistent and timely reporting and query response times promoting best practice accounting standards and professionalism through all interactions.
- Prepare RCT returns.
- Manage the billings and collections programme for designated portfolio’s which may include issuing bills/payments/rent notifications and apply the collections process where required.
- Assist with arrears collection, audit and credit control.
- Review, reconciliation & posting of FOS & Closing Statements.
- Support the Finance Manager, by providing guidance to junior members of the team, with training and development opportunities provided where possible.
- Assist with or ad-hoc finance related projects, as and when required by the business.
- Newly Qualified/Qualified Accountant with relevant experience in a similar role / discipline.
- Advanced and proficient in the use of Microsoft office (Excel, Word & Outlook).
- Experience with YARDI and/or QUBE of benefit, but not essential.
- Driven to meet deadlines, manage time effectively and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task, attention to details, remain flexible and adaptable to changing business requirements.