Financial Controller – Ganly’s Athlone
Our client, Ganly’s Builder Providers & DIY, has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Controller to join their senior management team.
Ganly’s offer the largest range of products to builders and home improvement projects across the Midlands. With over 30 years of expertise in DIY, building materials, interior design and home renovation projects, the company has grown to 120 staff with destination showrooms/stores in Athlone, Longford, and Mountbellew, and a growing online business.
About the Role
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will manage a Finance & Administration team of ten people, and will be responsible for the overall financial control of the business. The position is also responsible for IT systems and Stock control, with a broad commercial focus in improving efficiencies, maintaining growth, and decision-making.
- Deliver financial and management accounting control, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting for the Company
- Lead and provide financial guidance in the formulation and implementation of the business plan and budgets
- Support the development and achievement of the Company’s Strategy and long-range planning
- Continuous review of products and margins and influence in key commercial decisions on pricing and product range
- Management of stock recording system ensuring system accurately reflects stock on hand on a continuous basis.
- Financial control of the online business, and overall cost control
- Cash management – controls over cashflow actual and projections
- Tax compliance and returns
- Responsibility for overall IT and ERP systems – maintenance, further automation, process efficiencies, and system improvements
- Manage the Administration Team
- Fully qualified - ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA
- 5+ years’ financial experience ideally in a similar role in the Distribution or Retail Sector(s)
- Strong commercial acumen, and decisive
- Team player, building and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues in Finance and across business functions.
- Maintain a high level of integrity
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving & communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to roll the sleeves up and drive projects forward
- IT System Development and Stock Control experience
Remuneration and Career Potential
- Salary & Benefits are significant and negotiable, for this exceptional position, with strong career development prospects as the company continues to expand and adapt to the changing business environment
Please submit your application for this exceptional position, or alternatively, if you would like further information or an initial discussion on this role, contact Aishling Fagan, RBK Recruitment Advisor directly on (090) 6480600 or via email at email@example.com.