Campion Insurance is a leading Insurance and Financial Service Broker and winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies award for the 10th year running achieving Platinum Standard once again. The company has circa €50m turnover (€200m Premium), 350 staff and 20 office locations.
Campion Insurance is currently seeking to recruit a trainee accountant to join its growing finance team based in our Dublin office. The successful candidate will be joining a supportive and inspiring team of professionals. The finance team comprises of 8 based in Dublin responsible for core finance activities such as accounts payable, management accounts, payroll etc along with a further 12 in the client accounts team based in Urlingford.
Reports To: The position will report directly to the G/L Manager.
Key Outputs & Responsibilities
The trainee accountant role supports an effective and efficient finance function. Responsibilities include;
- Processing insurer invoices, payments, reconciliations and dealing with any queries that arise.
- Bank transaction posting and reviews on insurer system.
- Daily cash lodgement checks and reviews.
- Reviewing card payment transactions and reconciliations.
- Processing client refunds.
- Assist in the month end processing – running reports, reviewing errors or issues, assisting other team members with month end specific tasks.
- Assisting colleagues with client account checks and reviews across various offices.
- Assist in the month end processing – posting income journals, reconciling assigned client accounts and cash receipts platforms with appropriate back up.
- Other ad hoc reports and projects as requested
The candidate should have;
- A relevant honours degree (Accounting / Business).
- Must be looking to study towards the CPA Qualification
- Strong end user computing skills and experience in particular in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint, be able to demonstrate through courses or work experience the aptitude to upskill with new systems.
- Full, clean driving license and access to a car
The candidate should be;
- Enthusiastic and personable.
- Highly motivated with a desire to upskill.
- Highly organised and ability to prioritise.
- Proven communication skills and a team player that can actively listen to team activities and shares information and knowledge to help the team meet its objectives.
- Strong attention to detail and a self-starter who can work competently without the need for supervision.
The successful candidate will receive;
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate to work with a busy finance department and gain valuable experience and support towards further qualifications. This is a permanent position and the company are offering the following;
Bonus 10% of basic salary depending on achieving set objectives.
PHI / DIS Income protection of 75% of basic salary and 4 times death in service.
Training We offer the opportunity for the successful candidate to upskill in a wide variety of areas with company paid courses such as Power BI, Lean Six Sigma, QFA etc but the main focus will be on the CPA qualification with paid membership, courses, exams and study leave.
Location This role will be full-time based in our Dublin office.