The Department of Public Expenditure and Reform’s mission is to serve the public interest through sound governance of public expenditure and by leading and enabling reform across the Civil and Public Service. The Public Service Delivery Division is a key element of a new model and will have responsibility for the management of two key areas of public expenditure - the Housing, Planning and Local Government Vote and the Health Vote.
Reporting to the Secretary General, the Head of Public Service Delivery Division, will lead and manage the division. S/he will monitor, report and advise the Minister and Government of aggregate and Departmental expenditure ceilings, expenditure trends and risks consistent with fiscal obligations. They will secure multi-annual budget estimates that meet Government objectives, EU commitments and support economic, social and climate-related progress. They will also oversee and monitor the voted expenditure outturns and trends during the year in order to inform and shape policy responses. The person appointed will be expected to provide leadership across all aspects of the expenditure management and wider corporate agenda. This is a critical role in providing input into progressing policy development for critical public services delivery in healthcare and housing and the promotion of evidence-based policy-making across the public service
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record of achievement in their career to date at the appropriate level;
- An understanding of public financial procedures, the fiscal rules, and the expenditure dimension of the public finances in the context of overall budgetary and economic strategy;
- A strong policy analysis and development capacity with an ability to assess how public expenditure policy can help underpin the economy’s growth potential and resilience;
- A clear vision for reform of spending policies, processes and priorities to contribute to a more effective public service;
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated capacity to develop, communicate and negotiate policy issues at the most senior levels.
This is a Top Level Appointments Committee position.
If you feel you would benefit from a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Sandra Cairns on email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 15:00 on Thursday 8 December, 2022.
We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and encourage applications under all nine grounds of the Employment Equality Act.
For More information and how to apply, visit: https://bit.ly/CPA_Ad_HeadOfPSDD