The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland (CPA Ireland) is one of the leading Irish accountancy bodies, with more than 5,000 members and students. The Institute’s membership operates in public practice, industry, financial services and the public sector and CPAs work in over 48 countries around the world.
Overview of department
CPA Ireland prides itself on the progressive approach to learning and development for our members. We are committed to learner success, and our award-winning online learning platform allows us to deliver bespoke online and blended learning solutions that enable our members to take ownership of their professional development.
The purpose of the members services department is to provide:
- Support to members on all issues related to their membership.
- Educational opportunities using highly effective strategies to motivate learners in an online environment and developing interactive and engaging learning experiences.
- Keeping members up to date on all areas of accountancy to ensure they are advising in the public interest.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that the highest levels of educational standards for pre and post qualifications are maintained and that CPA members are up to date with professional and technical developments in financial reporting, ethics, company law, audit and corporate. This role would suit a qualified accountant with strong technical financial, project and relationship management skills who wishes to broaden their experience into learning and development.
Qualifications and exams
- Lead advisor on the institute’s hybrid and online post-qualification specialisms
- Technical advisor and researcher for CPD programme and post-qualification specialisms
- Management of post qualification specialisms
- Set examination papers and/or assignments from concept through to final paper.
- Support the delivery of online exams through the online environment.
- Manage the processing of assignments and/or exams with examiners and moderators.
- Manage organisation and attendance at exam boards
- Finalise exam and assessment results for issue on the learning management system.
- Manage contracts/payments for examiners and moderators
- Manage the associated exam process, to include setting the paper and finalising exam results
- Support the Education & Training department in reviewing exam papers and ensuring the student syllabus is adapted for the future needs of the profession.
- Work alongside the CPD executive and Skillnet Network Manager to research and further develop the highly successful CPD programme.
- Inform the development of relevant training courses by advising the CPD Executive on current and pending issues impacting the accountancy profession
- Assist in the development of training programmes for qualified accountants including editing, proofing, and reviewing material for these programmes.
- Provide training sessions on the CPD programme.
- Content creation for Accountancy Plus and monthly e-news bulletin as required
- Advise on and recommend content for inclusion within CPA Ireland’s quarterly journal and monthly e-news bulletin
- Review and proof technical content and news pieces on core accountancy topics
- Maintain assigned technical areas on CPA Irelands website, ensuring published materials are up to date, correct and relevant.
- Engage with CPA members through the technical query facility - advising on current practice in the core areas of accountancy
- Advise the CPD Executive and the wider CPA Member services team- providing updates on current and pending issues impacting the accountancy profession
- Provide technical support to CPA Ireland members on accountancy, audit and ethical issues by phone and email.
- Maintain competence in Financial Reporting and Company Law changes
Skills, knowledge & experience
Essential for this role
- Professional Accountancy Qualification
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the legal framework and technical requirements of accountants, to include financial reporting, company law, audit and ethics within the Irish domain.
- A Learning mindset and eagerness to keep up to date on accountancy related issues.
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills
- Strong written, oral communication, presentation and influencing skills
- The confidence, passion, and interest to deliver CPD courses to CPA Ireland members
- A high focus on quality and attention to detail
- Competent in writing material of a technical nature
- Effective at multi-tasking and managing projects
- A team player who is always willing to give a constructive contribution
- Ability to work on own initiative to complete multiple projects within agreed timescales and budgets
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, members, and other stakeholders
- Knowledgeable about and engaged in IT - excellent MS skills familiar with MS Office and use of web applications as a promotional tool.
- Interested in expanding the use of existing and emerging software related to the delivery of online learning
Desirable for this role
- Experienced in and familiar with existing and emerging software related to the delivery of online learning and professional development
- Experienced in digital transformation.
- Experienced in the research, preparation, and deliver of online learning materials
Benefits of Working in CPA Ireland include
- City centre parking
- Bike to work scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Social club
Please contact Patricia directly on 087 615 8686 if you have any questions about the role.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 11th June.