Michael O’Grady & Co is an independent accounting firm providing advisory services to credit unions across Ireland. We are now recruiting a Risk Analyst to join our team of industry professionals.
Primary duties will involve delivering timely and well thought out analysis for our clients through:
- developing and implementing risk management frameworks, methodologies, reporting, testing, policies and procedures;
- conducting statistical / financial analysis on internal and external data to discover the trade-offs of competing business objectives such as growth, profitability, market share and competitive position;
- assisting in the provision of regulatory and compliance assessments of products and/or services;
- providing analytical support, including benchmark comparisons, financial statement analysis and financial modelling;
- collaborating with cross-functional teams to implement effective programs to manage risk;
- Stay informed of current business and economic developments and or relevant information to the credit union and broader financial services industry.
Preferred qualifications and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business analytics, or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the regulatory landscape, risk-based auditing techniques and methodologies within the financial services sector;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and comfortable using third-party business systems;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills;
- Good report writing skills, maintaining accuracy with attention to detail and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to maintain professionalism when delivering challenging messages;
- Strong communication skills with ability to exercise good judgement and tact;
- Credit union and financial institution experience is a plus.
Salary and benefits:
- €35k to €50k depending on experience and qualification(s);
- Tuition support;
- Flexibility on remote working.