Senior Finance Executive
Senior Finance Executive
Head of Finance
Approx. 6 months
Equivalent to HEO (PPC) – point 2, €51.303
Léargas manages national and international exchange programmes in adult education, school education, vocational education and training, youth and volunteering. These activities connect people in different communities and countries and bring an international dimension to the work of organisations across Ireland. We are the National Agency for the Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps programmes of the European Union across the sectors mentioned above. We are a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity. We under the aegis of the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science.
We have built a national and international reputation for effectively managing significant levels of funding to support European collaboration and exchange. We have also built a reputation for a friendly and supportive approach to programme applicants and beneficiaries.
We are now looking for an energetic suitably qualified person on a 6 month fulltime contract to support the work of the Interim Senior Finance Officer in Léargas.
Daily Processes and Procedures
- Overall maintenance and oversight of financial records including, receipts analysis, payment preparation and analysis, creditors listing and creditors’ ledger reconciliation.
- Working as a member of the team in preparation and submission of financial and other reports to the relevant government departments and the European commission.
Monthly Accounts, Budgetary Processes and Reporting
- Assist the Head of Finance in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and explanation of variances with actual expenditure versus budget. For Head of Finance review.
- Preparation of cash flow and grant cash requests to the relevant departments.
- Assist Head of Finance in preparation of annual accounts for the statutory audit.
- Manage and process all supplier payments and banking arrangements including deposit accounts and credit cards.
- Prepare regular, cashflow statements and forecasts and regular management accounts and presentation of monthly management accounts to members of the board
- Assist the Head of Finance in the quarterly reviews of the organisational risk register, with particular emphasis on financial risks
- Review and ensure all financial procedures and controls are in place throughout the organisation, including up-to-date documented policies and procedures.
- Update the corporate risk register on a regular basis for the Management team and approval by the Board.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications required:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a Finance team environment.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, ability to multi-task, work autonomously and take ownership with little supervision.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and meet targets while prioritising competing demands.
- Proven skills and experience of engaging, networking, building and maintaining effective relations and effective communications with all stakeholders.
- Enthusiastic team player as part of an internal team and cross-function team.
- Strong understanding of how the Finance Department supports and contributes to the organisation’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Strong administrative and IT skills including accounting software use and MS suite skill set with advanced MS Excel skills.
- identify opportunities to improve business processes and efficiencies.
- Strong project management skills.
- Positive, flexible, can-do attitude.
- A recognised accountancy qualification; Accounting Technician or part qualified Accountant level.
- Experience in the public/EU funding/voluntary sector.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Sun Accounts experience.
- PayDay experience.
General requirements of all Léargas staff
We expect our people to show leadership, exceptional organisational and planning skills, and to be analytical and conceptual thinkers with excellent IT, networking and influencing skills. We expect excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including presentation skills, combined with an ability to fit within a team that works to support the vision and mission of Léargas.
We work 35 hours per week in a flexible environment. During the Covid-19 pandemic, all staff work from home in line with Government directives.
Léargas is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities.