Senior Operations and Finance Officer
JOB DESCRIPTION - Senior Operations and Finance Officer – 6/9 month specific purpose contract. Immediate start
REPORTING TO Manager - Operations and Finance, Léargas
Coordinate, create and implement relevant programme processes managed by Léargas
Analyse trends in expenditure
Conduct financial and risk analysis of projects including detailed checks
Equivalent to Civil Service HEO STANDARD SCALE PPC (point 2) €51,303 (pro rata)
Léargas manage international and national exchange programmes in education, youth and community work, and vocational education and training. These exchanges connect people in different communities and countries and bring an international dimension to the work of organisations across Ireland. We are the National Agency for Erasmus+ in Adult Education, School Education, VET and Youth. Léargas is a not-for-profit organisation (CHY 8317), under the remit of the Department of Further and Higher education, Research, Innovation and Science.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Oversee the disbursement of EU Commission allocated funding for Erasmus+ projects managed by Léargas.
• Working with programme finance officers, conduct financial checks and risk assessments of project applications and final reports.
• Coordinate and implement the Financial Control procedures established by the Commission through overseeing and participating in financial checks of funded projects and monitoring of error rates.
• Analyse trends in programme and project expenditure including the tracking and analysis of commitment and absorption rates.
• Make recommendations for future funding commitments.
• In partnership with programme managers provide recommendations and support for relevant sections of the Léargas Work Programme.
• Devise and implement a contracting process and take control of this process end-to-end
• Review all legal contracts prepared by the team to ensure that the information is in line with the European Commission guidelines
• Be the contact point for issuing all amendments related to contracts and maintain a tracking schedule
• Create and implement a Programme Operations Manual in compliance with requirements set out by the Commission and oversee relevant programme processes.
• In partnership with the Team manager be responsible for completion of the financial and statistical sections of the Yearly Report.
• Liaise with Team manager to lead and oversee all internal and external audits.
• Contributing to organisational learning through sharing of information and experience with colleagues
• Taking personal responsibility for your personal and professional learning and development including active involvement in the Leargas Performance Management and Development System
• Any other task which may be assigned to you by the Team manager or Executive Director
• Qualification in relevant subject area
• Demonstrable knowledge of finance and risk assessment
• Knowledge of financial rules and regulations at both national and European levels
• Demonstrable experience of running forensic checks on funding applications
• Experience of understanding and interpreting legal contract terminology and simplifying same.
• Proven expertise in financial control and funding allocation
• Experience in compliance and audit processes
• Proven project financial management experience
• Supervising team to conduct regulatory system checks
• Ability to work in a team and with different cohorts of people
• Strong communication and report writing skills
• Experienced in mentoring, guiding, and supervising a team
Key competencies required
• Personal effectiveness
• Analytical and conceptual thinking
• Managing for results / results oriented
• Attention to detail
• Critical analysis
• Organisation and planning
Léargas is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities.