TAX MANAGER POSITION
Cogent Taxation Group Ltd are seeking to recruit a full-time tax manager for their tax firm, based in Cork. The firm offers tax advice to private clients and accountancy firms on a national basis and is headed up by a director who has been involved in taxation for over 30 years. The successful candidate should ideally be a qualified accountant, have completed the AITI tax exams and be a member of the Irish Taxation Institute. They should also have experience in managing client relationships and the ability to initiate, project manage and complete client assignments. The position affords the successful candidate a great opportunity to develop professionally and personally in an exciting and dynamic tax business and to become part of this long-established tax firm.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Supporting tax personnel in the provision of tax compliance and consultancy advice under various tax heads in the following areas;
- Corporate restructurings for private clients
- Inheritance tax planning for private companies and individuals
- Property based transactions
- Transfer Pricing transactions and foreign based operations of Irish trading companies
- Mergers and acquisitions
- EIIS schemes and share option schemes for companies
- All compliance and consultancy queries arising from the firm’s client base.
Requirements and skills
- Qualified Accountant with a number of years post qualification experience
- Qualified AITI member;
- Proven academic record
- Excellent technical expertise across all tax heads;
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently in solving issues
- Good commercial awareness;
- Ability to deal with multiple client issues with competing priorities at the same time;
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and report writing skills;
- Commitment to work to meet client deadlines and
- Desire to promote themselves within the firm and propel the firm and themselves professionally
Remuneration will be based upon the level of qualifications and experience of the successful candidate in line with expected remuneration levels for such a role nationally and a bonus driven incentive package in completing out assignments.
Applications including a full CV should be submitted by email only for the attention of Sally Anne McCarthy @firstname.lastname@example.org to be received on or before the 16th April 2021. Interviews will be conducted initially over Microsoft Teams with final interviews conducted in person at the offices of the firm in Cork.